Using ‘Either or’ & ‘Neither nor’ correctly – Co-relative conjunctions – Advanced Spoken English lesson
In this advanced spoken English lesson, you are going to learn two correlative conjunctions ‘either-or’ and ‘neither-nor’. They are called correlative conjunction because they come in pairs.
Facebook page :
Either-or is used to emphasize a choice. When there are two or more options or alternatives, but we are not sure which of them is definite, we use ‘either or’. The verb agrees with the subject preceding it. If the subject is singular, the verb has to be singular. If the subject is plural, the verb is plural.
• Example 1: Either the clerk or the secretary has the keys. (one of the two has the keys but you are unsure who actually has them)
• Example 2: You can either stay or come with us. (you can choose from any of the two options)
• Example 3: You either go by taxi or bus.
• Example 4: Either Sarah or the girls are going to make dinner.
Neither-nor: It connects two or more negative alternatives. When we say none of the options are real or true, we use ‘neither-nor’. The verb agrees with the subject preceding it. If the subject is singular, the verb has to be singular. If the subject is plural, the verb is plural.
• Example 1: Neither the café nor the restaurant serves good pizza.
• Example 2: Neither John nor his sister mentioned anything about moving house. ( John didn’t mention anything, his sister didn’t mention anything)
• Example 3: Neither the teacher nor the students were in the class.
• Example 4: Neither John nor Mike likes doing dishes.
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://mechoimages.com/tong-hop/
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Omega 3 cho trẻ sơ sinh- giúp trẻ phát trẻ phát triển toàn diện
- 3 cách trang trí nội thất để cho thuê nhà Bắc Từ Liêm đẹp và rẻ
- Dự án Sky Oasis có bao nhiêu tòa? Tìm hiểu ngay để biết
- Bí kíp mua bán nhà đất quận Ba Đình Hà Nội ít vốn kiếm lời nhanh
- Khu sinh thái Hải Đăng – Trải nghiệm tuyệt vời cùng thiên nhiên xanh mát
I like it
Wow great ☺
Can i say either of them are going to make dinner?
Simple and cleverly explained
Wow this is beautiful nice teacher well explained 😘😘😘😘
I like the way you say bye with that hand gesture. It is quite unique style.
Your class is interesting
If you go abroad, either you will die, or you will be caught by the police.
Is this sentence correct?
Easily understanding mam
i love the way you teach. this video is really helpful too, thankyou so much 🙂
Can I say like ( you can either ) if someone's ask u about something to do
Rachana madam, you are awesome the way of explanation…. Thank you…
It's amazing.. It's clear my all doubt…
I like this lesson
Rachana ma'am good teacher
Your classes super madam
Greetings from Bogotá.
Thanks you helping me so much
Very much good video mam but I have a doubt either I like you or your learnings or may be I like both of you.
Thanks you very much.
Thanks a lot